Manchester United ‘approve’ transfer for Everton target Hannibal Mejbri

Manchester United midfielder Hannibal Mejbri has ‘completed’ a move to Sevilla despite interest from Everton, according to reports.

 

The 20-year-old Tunisia international, who joined the Red Devils from AS Monaco back in 2017, had been heavily linked with a temporary

 

exit from Old Trafford this season as he looks to continue his development with regular first team football and now appears to have secured a move away.

 

Sean Dyche’s side were one of two teams that have been credited with an interest in Mejbri, with the club in need of midfield reinforcements

 

READ MORE; The big stumbling block in any Celtic move for Caoimhin Kelleher

following the exit of Idrissa Gueye to the Africa Cup of Nations and the links surrounding Belgian international Amadou Onana.

 

However, it now appears they have missed out on Mejbri following the latest update surrounding his future.

 

Journalist Fabrizio Romano took to his personal X (formerly Twitter) account to issue an update on the future of the midfielder, where he said:

 

READ MORE; Saints To Take Midfielder On Loan From Bournemouth

“Hannibal Mejbri to Sevilla, here we go! Agreement completed on loan with buy option clause, approved by Man United. Buy back clause also expected to be confirmed as final detail soon.

 

Sevilla already wanted Hannibal last summer, deal finally done. Medical next week.”

 

READ MORE; Transfer news: Luton Town striker eyed by Sunderland, Cardiff City, Ipswich Town and Plymouth Argyle

Reports from Spain had previously claimed that United were ‘pushing’ Mejbri to join Everton although the player remained keen on a

 

switch to the top flight of Spanish football. Mejbri spent last season on loan at Championship side Birmingham City and has made just 11 appearances for United this season.

 

READ MORE; That’s due diligence”: Warriors slam Volkman suggestions as medical report emerges

He was not included in the United squad for the 2-2 draw against Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday.

 

Asked for an update on Mejbri’s situation this week, United manager Erik ten Hag said: “When we have the news, we will tell you.”

MORE STORIES 

READ MORE; Son of former New Zealand great signs with new club

READ MORE; Leeds and Southampton set for Sheffield Utd and Ran

GET MORE EVERTON NEWS HERE

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*